Brody believes that everything we know and do is a result of how we experience stories. Stories are plausibility structures that build frames and give context to our lives. Stories are where we find and make meaning.
Brody acts as Blue Ocean Ideas’ chief translator. He unifies the ideas, messages, and designs that achieve the right result for clients. He also keeps tabs on the world of “what is possible” so that there is a full pallet of tools and techniques available for client work.
Brody is annoyingly curious, a lover of metaphor, a brand theorist, and never ceases to ask “why?” He loves to solve problems and design the systems that will sustain the solutions.
Brody is married to Lisa, an educator and writer, and they have a son, Beckett.
When not at work (and not on his iPhone) Brody loves eating out, working out, hanging out, and rocking out.
Brody is BOI #1. He was here before the beginning.
- 2008 – Present Creative Director, Blue Ocean Ideas
- 2005-2007 – Site Acquisition Specialist, Site Link, LLC
- 2004 B.A., Communication Studies, James Madison University
- 2008 – Wizard of Ads Writing Certification
- 2006-2010 – Director of Blood:Water Baltimore
- 2007 – Released album, “Lovers Try“
- Featured on the “Price is Right”
- Myers Briggs: ENTP
- DISC: D
- StengthsFinder: Ideation, Strategic, Command, Activator, Futuristic
- Hobbies: email, music, creating problems
- Family: Lisa (wife) & Beckett (son)